Swindon ICB had, and still does maintain, a strong working relationship with colleagues at Swindon Borough Council.
Together, the two organisations have worked to improve and enhance the health of those living in the town, as well as to ensure that local services always meet the needs of Swindon’s diverse population. Some of the areas that have benefitted from this joint approach include:
- in-school mental health services for children and young people
- the Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme
- the Junction, a twilight mental health support facility for adults on the verge of crisis
- local programmes to enhance public health, such as Beat the Street walking game
- needle exchange service, based in the ground floor pharmacy of the Swindon NHS Health Centre