Wiltshire Integrated Care Alliance
Wiltshire has a near equal population split between males and females. Children and young people (0-19 years) make up approximately 20 per cent of the population, while those aged over 65 represent 22 per cent.
The population is projected to increase to more than 524,000 by 2030 and, between 2016 and 2030, it is estimated there will be a 41 per cent increase in those over the age of 65 years.
More than 20,000 people (four per cent) live in an area considered to be deprived. In contrast, more than 145,000 people (30 per cent) in Wiltshire live in the nationally least deprived quintile of areas.
According to Wiltshire Council’s Corporate Equality Plan 2017, Wiltshire’s minority ethnic population has changed from a largely Asian or Asian British grouping to an Eastern European grouping, in which Polish migrants feature prominently.
The historic Annual Reports, which detail the progress the CCG made in each financial year, can be found here.
What we’ve worked on so far:
Out of hospital discharge and care model
- Developing a new model to help people go home from hospital more easily
Living well with long term conditions and frailty
- Helping people affected by long terms conditions get the help and care they need through developing the resources to manage chronic disease in the community
Crisis and rapid response
- Providing support for our ageing population and those with complex needs through fast access to a range of qualified professionals who can address both health and social care needs
- Reducing inequity
- Using technology to help improve access to services
Where we are heading
- Developing our Integrated Care Alliance through leadership style, building common purpose and developing governance
- Move away from a sole focus on service improvement and integration to improving the health and wellbeing of our population
- Using population health data to inform our decisions and priority areas
- Working collaboratively with the interests of the Wiltshire population at the heart of all decisions