There are lots of things that you can do to protect yourself and those around you from illness over the upcoming colder months:
- Book your COVID-19 vaccination if you haven’t already
- Book your flu jab if you’re eligible for one
- Meet people outside if possible, or open doors and windows to let in fresh air if meeting people inside
- Wear a face covering when out and about in crowded places
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser regularly throughout the day
- Remember to ‘catch it, kill it, bin it’- catch coughs and sneezes in a tissue and clean your hands after you’ve thrown it away
Check out our 10 ways to stay well PDF for more ideas.
If you do become ill then managing your symptoms at home can be made easier by keeping your medicine cabinet well-stocked with a supply of medicines from your local supermarket or pharmacy.